HJP Chartered Accountants believe it is very important to respect and protect the privacy of individuals and to make only safe and ethical use of the information that is provided to us.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, all organisations which handle personal information must comply with a number of important principles regarding the privacy and disclosure of this information. We are committed to full compliance in this regard.
“Data Protection Legislation” means all applicable data protection and privacy legislation or regulations including The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (also known as PECR) and any guidance or codes of practice issued by the European Data Protection Board or the Information Commissioner, together with:
- prior to 25 May 2018, the UK Data Protection Act 1998; and
- from 25 May 2018 onwards Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”), as amended by the UK Data Protection Bill.
Outside of the EEA, “Data Protection Legislation” means local, territorial data protection and privacy legislation that governs the processing of Personal Data. Therefore we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection set out in the Data Protection legislation.
We will only use your personal information to deliver the services you have requested from us, and to meet our legal responsibilities. If any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate we will do our best to correct it quickly once you notify us.
Our Data Controller
For the purposes of data protection legislation in force from time to time the data controller is All About Business Ltd trading as HJP Chartered of Registered Office, Audley House, Northbridge Road, Berkhamsted, Herts HP4 1EH. Our nominated data controller is Angela Peden BSc (Eng) FCA.
Who we are and what we do
We are Chartered Accountants, Tax Advisors and Business Consultants.
We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business:
- Prospective and current clients
- Supplier contacts to support our services
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers.
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
- how we collect information
- the information we collect and how we use it
- who will have access to the information
- access to your personal information
- your rights
- security & data protection
- how to contact us.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you
- engage us to deliver our services and/or
- when you use our website and/or
- contact us as a prospective accounting partner and/or
- apply to work for us and/or
- become a supplier to us.
Information you provide us:
We collect information about you during the client registration process for any of our services. This information may include, but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address, your Unique Tax Reference, your National Insurance number, bank account details, number of dependents, information to satisfy anti-money laundering regulation, financial information, compliance documentation and links to your professional profiles available in the public domain such as LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website.
Additional Information collected:
We may also collect the following information:
- To contact us via this website www.hjpchartered.com you will need to provide your name and/or a reply email address/telephone number. We will not use this data to send you any marketing material or email campaigns or to ask you to complete surveys, questionnaires or send us comments. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information if applicable, browser type and version,
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and any phone number used to call our company numbers.
- This site uses Google Analytics.
- Information we obtain about you from other sources such as your business card and personal recommendations.
- Your response to newsletters from us if you have opted in to them for example if you open or click on such emails,
- Your social media profile details (name, profile photo and other information you make available to us) when you connect with or contact us through a social media account.
- Information from third party databases to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
How is your information used?
In general terms, and depending on which services you engage us to deliver, as a part of providing our agreed services we may use your information to:
- Contact you by post, email, telephone or connected social media.
- Verify your identity, where this is required.
- Understand your needs and how they may be met.
- Maintain our records in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations.
- Process financial transactions.
- Prevent and detect crime, fraud, bribery or corruption.
- File agreed information with HM Revenue & Customs.
Who will have access to your information?
Unless it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, we will not give information about you or your use of our website to any other organisation without your consent. Any HJP employee’s with access to your information have a duty of confidentiality under the ethical standards that HJP Chartered is required to follow.
Third party service providers working on our behalf
We do not outsource our accounting, taxation, consulting, compliance, payroll or bookkeeping services.
As part of our ongoing commitment to providing a quality service, a sample of our files is periodically subject to an independent quality review. Our reviewers are highly experienced and professionally qualified people and are bound by the same requirements of confidentiality as HJP employees.
We use a contracted Information Technology support company to advise on and manage our IT systems.
We will not release your information to third parties unless you have requested that we do so, or we are required to do so by law.
How can you access and update your information?
Keeping your information up to date and accurate is important to us. We commit to regularly review and correct where necessary, the information that we hold about you. If any of your information changes, please email or write to us using the ‘Contact Information’ noted at the end of this notice.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information HJP holds about you.
As part of the core services we provide to you we will contact you by post, email and telephone with details of any important changes in legal and regulatory requirements or other developments that may be relevant to your affairs and, where applicable, how we may assist you further.
We send out regular newsletters with accounting and taxation news and updates. This includes our Budget Statements and Autumn/Spring Statements. If you wish to receive these you need to opt in so we may include you. Please email us if you would like to opt in to these communications.
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
Correcting your information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
Deletion of your information
You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you if:
- you consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained
- you have validly objected to our use of your personal information – see ‘Objecting to how we may use your information’ below
- our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations
- we are using your information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent – see ‘withdrawing consent to use your information’ below.
Restricting how we may use your information
In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your information. The right might also apply where there is no longer a basis for using your personal information but you do not want us to delete the data. Where this right is validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Objecting to how we may use your information
Where we use your personal information to perform tasks carried out in the public interest then, if you ask us to, we will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
Withdrawing consent to how we may use your information
Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purposes for which consent was given.
Please contact us in any of the ways set out in ‘Contact information’ at the end of this notice if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
We are required by legislation, other regulatory requirements and our insurers to retain your data where we have ceased to act for you. The period of retention required varies with the applicable legislation but is typically six years. To ensure compliance with all such requirements it is the policy of HJP Chartered to retain all data for a period of seven years from the end of the period concerned.
For potential new clients or new employees who do not subsequently join HJP we shall destroy all documentation we have gathered from external sources within six months.
We recognise that online security and data protection is an area of most importance for all our clients, so it is important to us that you have confidence in the security of your personal details.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to our site using your internet connection; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access information, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Your data will usually be processed in our offices in the UK. However, to allow us to operate efficient digital processes, we sometimes need to store information in servers located outside the UK. We take the security of your data seriously and so all our systems have appropriate security in place that complies with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partners, regulatory bodies and further sources of information. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle your personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
T: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
HJP Chartered Accountants
Herts, HP4 1EH
T: 01442 872878
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and will place any updates on www.hjpchartered.com.
Paper copies of the privacy notice may also be obtained, please contact us using the information above.